Monday, March 8, 2010

INTERSTICE part I

"INTERSTICE" is the speacial featurette that comes after the gap after the end of Up, You Idiots: Season One, and leads directly into Up, You Idiots: Season Two.

So there I was in my temporary housing for my new job. I was up on the 15th floor. This area was not that far from where I used to live. Only a couple of subway stops actually.

I was there training at this school/company's main branch, in Seoul. But after my Monday thru Wednesday training, I moved to a metropolitain outer-city area, the location of the branch of my company that I will be working at.





















Look at the view from this puppy. Here you can see a large winding highway up on stilts, which looks AMAZING at night. below it is a large (sand?) soccer field, similar to the ones you see in TV/movies as cliche shots of latino neighborhoods. Closer to us is a small playgroundy thing.



But pan a bit to the right and you really get down to business:




Here, you see a kid's wonderland, an immense public park. There are lots of walkways, grassy areas, tennis courts, and what appears to be some kind of playground designed as mini village with roads for kids.

But the messed up part of this is, if you look beyond it toward the background, you see what appears to be some complex technical equipment. I was later informed by one of the other teachers that this lovely park was built over some kind of complex plant. I forget excactly what for though- it's either a chemical plant or the kind of place where all the poop from everyone's toilet goes.
Isn't that fucked up?

Soon is INTERSTICE: Part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment